Friday, June 21, 2013

Equalize Unequal Contracts

Let's say you have an AK-47 aimed and loaded at my gray matter. I am seated at a blank white table, in a blank white room without windows. You are standing on both feet, and the nosel of your piece is giving me an Eskimo kiss. Your comrade slides 50 sheets of paper and a red pen my way. "Sign here, there, and yonder" you say. I stab my scribblings in the allotted areas with the madness of Mikami from Death Note. Is this an equal contract?

Kevin Carson sees many
credit card agreements, telephone service plans, website terms of service
as being neutered mirrors of my example above. He calls us to first rid our minds of the notion that these contracts, and the authority behind them, in the current corporatist statist quo should be respected. The next step is to put on a wildact unionist hat, and have at it. If there are any ordinances or obligations you were coerced into accepting on paper, do your best to be a guerrilla against them. If you can disobey them outright, do so. If you must do so behind an overlord's back, do so. If you disagree with a rule, but deem it dangerous to defy, then begin an anonymous online protest or petition.

Don't sleep. Be free.

Furthermore, we must end the State.


Post Scriptum:

Here is Kevin Carson's writing
Here is James Tuttle reading aloud Kevin Carson's writing

A small anecdote. I once had a job that required me not to spit. There was no way I was bound to respect that preposterous bureaucratic hoop. Along with friends, and even alone, I would delight in spitting to and fro. It is not to be a contrarian that I did this. It was because I generate a lot of saliva, and the rule was totalitarian to the root. Radicals beget radicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment