Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Liberal Limerick

I made a hip-hop mixtape when I was in my sophomore year of college. My impressions are that I need training on how to stay on beat, and to sever the choral reading of the hook. I keep thinking I will hop back in the booth one day, but it has of yet not occurred. However, I still write lyrics from time to time. If I may toot my own horn, they are not too shabby. This verse in particular has a noninterventionist focus.

Like Jada said "no salary cap in the dope game!"
competition bred for fortune or fame,
voluntary exchange, still niggas cops slain,
still remember Oscar's name,
what about the bankers mayn?
drug dealing is just a part of the free market,
homie, no phony, crony-capitalist T.A.R.P. shit,
getting billions in bread, Tony Stark it,
when workers get the choice, everyone elevates,
rough riders in a Rolls Royce, and hella vapes,
vagrants in V-dubs, in every state,
people in poverty having problem paying for a beer,
are better off than the princes of yesteryear,
government goons worry about wife beaters,
while Black Friday brought 129 thousand new heaters,
fuck the feds when it's self defense,
civilly jumping over your fence,
cuz you're preoccupied spending on foreign defense,
while they occupy Zuccatti,
you occupy damn near everything but Saudi,
get nervous of the day we're actually rowdy,
Wild West burning bridges with burners, yelling Howdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment